Have you experienced a reproductive crisis?
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Difficult/Traumatic Birthing Experience
You may be feeling a wide range of emotions:
- Emotional numbness or extreme emotionality
- Sadness or some degree of depression
- Fear, anxiety, and sense of vulnerability
- Misdirected anger at family, doctors or even your own body
- Feeling of guilt and shame
It may seem that everyone around you has forgotten about what happened. Some may seem to minimize the loss saying, “you are young and you can get pregnant again.” After a while you may stop sharing your feelings or assume that something must be wrong with you since you still can’t get over it. You are not alone and you do not have to perpetuate the “conspiracy of silence.” There is support for you during this difficult season. If you are among the many who have experienced a loss of this kind:
- Acknowledge your feelings Do not minimize your loss or feelings.
- Seek support There are many groups, resources and counselors that are dedicated to supporting individuals through traumatic pregnancy and birth experiences. Please check out the Pregnancy and Infant Loss list on below or the group therapy page for groups to support you during this time.
- Allow yourself to grieve.
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Web Resources